can someone ID this insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

philaphire

Hearth Supporter
Sep 24, 2006
Blue Bell, PA
Here's a coal/wood stove insert that I could pick up for almost nothing - what kind is it? Reputation? THANKS!

Attachments

• can someone ID this insert?
    stove.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 554
There were literally thousands of makers in the 70's-80's. Hard to tell. Maybe a Garrison? The picture is too small to see all the details. Any other views? A UL tag? If unlisted you should pass on it anyway.

With that glass, maybe it's more modern. Most early stoves did not have that big glass.

Webmaster said:
Yeah, pic needs to be better/larger.

Looks like an Earth Stove Traditions model to me.

Yeah, I agree. Not too familiar with Earth Stove but I was thinking it might have been related. In which case it should have a tag somehwere.

Don't think it is an Efel - they don't make stuff with blowers like that...at least I do not think.

I am still sticking with Traditions by Earth - a cast stove - asian import, but distributed by Earth. Certainly not a current model

Here is a pic of a Traditions...does it look close?

Attachments

eartht150c.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 442
Webmaster said:
Don't think it is an Efel - they don't make stuff with blowers like that...at least I do not think.

I am still sticking with Traditions by Earth - a cast stove - asian import, but distributed by Earth. Certainly not a current model

Here is a pic of a Traditions...does it look close?

that looks like the wonderfully built T100.

Getting warm? Philaphire, does the stove have a catalytic combustor?

Here's the only shot I could find of a T100, looks close. Was there an insert equivalent?

Attachments

T100.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 438
THanks for all the guesses, but I think I found a match thanks to our friends on the coal burners forum. Remember this is a coal/wood stove. They say it's from a company called Salvo Machinery of Fall River, MA - is this familiar to anyone? Decent quality? Check the pic out to see how close it looks.... THANKS

http://www.nepadigital.com/bb/files/stove_598.jpg

as you can imagine, the coal guy only burned coal in it and was not pleased with it since the shaker mechanism broke a few times. I asked how it did with wood and haven't gotten a reply...

HOWEVER, if it turns out to be a T100 - what's the opinion on that - is there sarcasm on MSG's "that looks like the wonderfully built T100."???

Status
Not open for further replies.