Can I connect a 45 elbow...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Seth9180

Dec 26, 2018
Seth
First post here. I've been reading and learning a lot in the past 6 months since i purchased an ideal steel back in May. Getting ready to install the chimney and stove pipe (6" duravent DVL) and am curious if i can connect a 45 elbow to the dvl adapter that connects to the round ceiling support box? I have to offset the pipe about 5" due to a truss directly above my stove. Just trying to decide if i want the bend at the bottom or top. This is a straight up install, minus the 45. It seems to fit fine but want to make sure there is nothing against this. Thanks!

The offset should always be as high as possible. The elbow can be at the top, no problem.

Perfect! Thank you. I thought I remember reading where you couldn't but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again!

On a tall pipe it doesn't matter that much. Ours is on the bottom, works good. My wife likes it better that way.