Can anyone ID this Country brand wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

imaginaryjpeg

Jan 12, 2021
Washington
Good morning all,

Just purchased a home that has a "country" brand stove. I'm trying to figure out exactly which model so I can research it a bit. I've heard mixed reactions on country brand stoves which is kind of why I want to do some research. Sorry for horrible pictures, they are from inspection/listing and all that I have for now...

Thanks!

I think this is a Country C210 Performer. Country stoves are stout stoves and good heaters.

Last edited:
It's made in Auburn, WA.

The hearth protection is a bit shy. It should extend 16" in front of the stove door. Also, be sure it was installed with a full stainless liner to the top of the chimney and that the liner is in good condition.

It's made in Auburn, WA.

The hearth protection is a bit shy. It should extend 16" in front of the stove door. Also, be sure it was installed with a full stainless liner to the top of the chimney and that the liner is in good condition.

Excuse my novice questions, so you are saying essentially the insert should have been fitted better into the brick area, and the stove shouldn't be sticking out at all?

Excuse my novice questions, so you are saying essentially the insert should have been fitted better into the brick area, and the stove shouldn't be sticking out at all?
The insert installation looks ok from what is showing, but the hearth in front of the insert is not deep enough to provide adequate protection. This is because the hearth was designed for the fireplace opening and the wood insert came later. A simple solution would be to buy a narrow hearth pad to put in front of the existing hearth.

I erred. This insert requires 18" hearth protection in front of the stove body.
Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 12.00.38 PM.png

A 12" x 48" extension pad would do it.

The insert installation looks ok from what is showing, but the hearth in front of the insert is not deep enough to provide adequate protection. This is because the hearth was designed for the fireplace opening and the wood insert came later. A simple solution would be to buy a narrow hearth pad to put in front of the existing hearth.

I erred. This insert requires 18" hearth protection in front of the stove body.
View attachment 276021

Gotcha.. Thanks for the info. Is this still safe to burn with, or something I should look into fixing over the summer?

Gotcha.. Thanks for the info. Is this still safe to burn with, or something I should look into fixing over the summer?
I can't say from just the little picture. We can't tell how the stove was run or whether fully seasoned wood was burned. The insert may be fine, but it may not be vented properly or the liner could be creosote coated and in need of deep cleaning. It's a good stove, but you should inspect the installation thoroughly or have a professional sweep come out and clean it and check out the liner.

If you can post some pictures of the interior of the stove that would help us better evaluate the condition.

I can't say from just the little picture. We can't tell how the stove was run or whether fully seasoned wood was burned. The insert may be fine, but it may not be vented properly or the liner could be creosote coated and in need of deep cleaning. It's a good stove, but you should inspect the installation thoroughly or have a professional sweep come out and clean it and check out the liner.

If you can post some pictures of the interior of the stove that would help us better evaluate the condition.

Copy that. Thanks. We requested a full cleaning/inspection prior to close so should have more info

Sorry for the super late bump, I went to that link awhile ago to try and buy that extension pad but they seem to be sold out... know any other quality ones that would fit the dimensions required..? Thanks!

My parents have the same insert, I personally love it, its built like a tank, inside baffle comes apart pretty easy for cleaning. Just an fyi, the baffle uses fire bricks with an insulation blanket over the top, the blanket can be fragile so use care when removing / re-installing it, also make sure its pushed as far back as possible and rests flat, if it get bunched up it will cause smoke turbulence and possible smoke leakage when the loading door is opened.

Good to know! Thanks a lot - btw here is the picture of the inside of my stove. The firebox and ceiling respectively. Look okay? I see one chunk missing on the back.

The pad's not R-value protection, just ember protection, correct? Is that all that's required for this stove? I don't see that info in the clearance diagram you posted..

The pad's not R-value protection, just ember protection, correct? Is that all that's required for this stove? I don't see that info in the clearance diagram you posted..

Would like to know as well before I go spending money - first freeze of the year today so having a fire anyway, first time firing this baby up in the new house and it's burning wonderfully. Cheers all for the help.

This is an insert, the minimum hearth protection for it is R=1.19

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.20.17 AM.png