bypassing rheostat on blower, drolet 1800i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctswf

Burning Hunk
Sep 23, 2014
ct, usa
Hi
The rheostat/variable fan speed control has shorted out on my stoves blower (drolet 1800i insert)

For now I have bypassed the rheostat and metal temp sensor, and the fan will turn on high, always on when you plug it in. The wire now comes in the fan housing, (is still grounded) and goes directly to the fan motor.

The company is sending me new rheostat and temp sensor, in the mean time is it safe to run it this way? Not to sound stupid but is there any safety related electricity regulator or anything inside the rheostat? or for that mater can I even look for a different one? I haven't looked but it would be nice to have normal temp sensor, with the option to have on/off regardless of the temp sensor (waiting for the temp sensor area to get hot enough)

the rheostat itself is labeled kbms-13bv
and here is also a pic of the metal thermo sensor
bypassing rheostat on blower, drolet 1800i bypassing rheostat on blower, drolet 1800i

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.