Burn pot filling with ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyjoe1963

Nov 4, 2015
Nova scotia
I have a vista flame vf100 in the living room, and a enviro ef3 in the basement. the last few days i have been getting a lot of ash build up in the burn pot, i have never had this happen before, its in both stoves , I have not changed pellets. its the same lift that i started with, can anyone shed some light on this. i have tried changing the draft control but still happens,

Your stove probably needs a good cleaning. The ash in my burn pot starts building up fast at the end of each ton I burn. I preform the leaf blower trick and things are good for another ton.

Your stove probably needs a good cleaning. The ash in my burn pot starts building up fast at the end of each ton I burn. I preform the leaf blower trick and things are good for another ton.

Yes, changes in weather can change burn. Warmer temps allow the stove to burn at lower levels or idle longer ... more ash build-up because blower is likely at lower rpm levels YMMV. Do they have OAKs? Higher humidity levels may also be a factor...

Reactions: smokeyjoe1963
Yes, changes in weather can change burn. Warmer temps allow the stove to burn at lower levels or idle longer ... more ash build-up because blower is likely at lower rpm levels YMMV. Do they have OAKs? Higher humidity levels may also be a factor...
I just emptied the hopper on the stoves,and changed pell
t: 2059970, member: 37787"]Since it's both stoves, have you done any improvements to the house? Sealing up gaps fixing drafts? New Windows?[/QUO[/QUOTE]
Since it's both stoves, have you done any improvements to the house? Sealing up gaps fixing drafts? New Windows?
no improvements to house, but i think i found the problem, there were seven bags on the concrete floor for about two months, i think i may have gotten into them, i read on here i think that you should not store pellets on the floor, i opened two bags from the new lift and no problems with ash.

seven bags on the concrete floor for about two months
Any noted changes to the pellets themselves compared to bags not stored on the floor? When wet, pellets mushroom... just wondering if size (diameter) increases with moisture content.

Status
Not open for further replies.