bulk pellets in 2000 lb super sack for 150.00 bucks loaded into your truck!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awkward to handle for most of us. Probably would need lots a buckets or containers to store them in. A little extra work but might be worth it at $150/ton. Wish they listed the brand name of the pellets??

You gonna get some???

think reall hard about this. would have to make something to stor them in.

It`s already enough work picking up/unloadinga truck load of the more convenient 40 lb sacks.
I can`t see loading buckets or bagging them right out of the pick up bed.

here at work we use these super sacks and i have a machine that lifts and discharges the sacks of material with a auger system. We have not used it for over a year and it sits idle. I also have many many 55 gallon empty plastic drums with lids that are just sitting. I have already bought this years supply and i am thinking real hard about getting 3 sacks and store them here at work....

6,000 lbs (3 tons) for 450 bucks is hard to resist.

Woodsman, did you ever find out what brand pellets there are?

I would never buy a "pig in a poke" like that. Yeah, $150/ton is real cheap, but if they're crap pellets, that price may not seem so great when you're burning them.

The only pellets I ever saw available in the super sack were FRAM (ACP) crap.

I would be finding out a lot more about them before I spent any $$, IMO.

I'd be weary, in those pictures I can see 2 different types of pellets (different colors). Great price but....
See if you can get some samples 1st.

This sounds vaguely similar to the ebay deals that I've heard about.

If they are good pellets it is worth it and easy enough to deal with. That is similar to how I deal with corn . All I did was make a bin in the basement out of plywood and 2 by 4 framing. Used 2 by 4's to exterior frame the bottom and provide ventilation and separation from the concrete. Quick and easy to make and it and stores my corn with no trouble. I just put it under a casement window in an unused part of the basement and fill it by means of a plywood trough I just shovel the corn into . A section of 1/4" screen in the bottom takes out the fines along the way and you would benefit from something similar though it wouldn't be nearly as necessary. It is a lot easier than carrying bags down the stairs and restacking them again. Not for everyone surely but a viable alternative if you have the space. I much prefer hauling corn around in a 6 gallon paint bucket than carrying bags. 6 of one half dozen of another really, they still get there. What would suck though is building the bin then having no further source of bulk pellets in the future. Sort of a gamble I guess either way but that is a nice price.

If I could get pellets in bulk I would do a set up like a guy I saw on a corn burner site, get as many storage tote tanks as possible and a big shop vac, connect the tanks with pvc pipe and have valves so you could direct the pick up pipe to go to one tank at a time, suck the pellets into the tote and then seal it, when you want to use them open the valve to the tank and use the shop vac to suck them to the stove hopper. use a corn vac or the home made type to pull them where you want them, the only thing going into the shop vac is fines. the guy I saw had a cool set up with at least 6 totes to store his corn, the corn vac cleans the stalk/waste from the corn while it is being moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.