Buckstove 74zc "zero clearence" user reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PAbeech

Burning Hunk
May 16, 2021
Wallenpaupack, PA
If anyone has any knowledge about the buckstove 74zc i cannot find a single user review on it. Any input on it would be appreciated thanks

I can't recall reading a review either. The 74ZC is the model 74 with a protective, ventilated cabinet to achieve close clearance. The venerable Buck 74 is a good, medium-sized, non-cat stove. The design is straightforward with a strong build. Download the manual to review installation requirements, noting the differences (hearth protection, chimney, etc.) from the old ZC that was pulled out.

Reactions: PAbeech
I can't recall reading a review either. The 74ZC is the model 74 with a protective, ventilated cabinet to achieve close clearance. The venerable Buck 74 is a good, medium-sized, non-cat stove. The design is straightforward with a strong build. Download the manual to review installation requirements, noting the differences (hearth protection, chimney, etc.) from the old ZC that was pulled out.
I appreciate that. Im dying to get some responses of people with a zc21 buck. Interested in how it works in cold winters and if you can expect coals in the am after sleeping. Would the performance of a buck 21 free standing stove be comparable to the zc21?

Yes, same firebox. There are several threads on the Buck 21, mostly with people upgrading from it to the Buck 74.