Breckwell P22 burns for only 15 min

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

lllh

Sep 23, 2024
Cal high desert
This Breckwell SP22 pellet stove will burn for about 15 minutes then shuts off. The stove starts to burn but only for a few minutes. The stove is less than a year old. I think it may be the circuit board. Any suggestion would be welcomed. Lance

This Breckwell SP22 pellet stove will burn for about 15 minutes then shuts off.
Are there any lights blinking when the stove shuts down? The 15 minute burn would lead me to believe that the Proof of Fire/Low limit switch is not working. It is just below the Exhaust Blower motor has two brown wires. To test, unplug stove, remove the two brown wires from switch, connect the two wires together. You can use a paper clip or jumper wire, tape wires so they do not touch body of stove. Plug stove back in and try to start. If stove runs your switch is bad or dirty.

[Hearth.com] Breckwell P22 burns for only 15 min

[Hearth.com] Breckwell P22 burns for only 15 min

Attachments

• Breckwell SP22 EN_FR.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: johneh
I should have started with clean clean clean, make sure your stove is a clean as you can make it including the venting. Dirty stove and vent is the cause of most non starts. If your venting is dirty it can stop the temperature (110F) from rising enough at the switch.

Reactions: ericofmaine
agree with the second comment of the limit switch.. Its shutting down because its not seeing proof of fire. Are any of the blowers coming on?