Breckwell P2000i Convection Blower Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BBolin

Nov 2, 2018
Kansas City
Hello there! I found your forum while doing research on a convection blower issue I am having with my P2000i. The thread located here
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/breckwell-big-e-stuck-on-high-fan.39576/ describes a condition similar to what I am experiencing, but not quite the same. His stove starts normally, then the convection/room blower comes on at the high fan speed. From what I can recall, normal operation is for the box to start and heat up, usually taking several minutes, then the room blower starts at a speed relative to the heat level setting (1-5). My issue is that the room blower starts after about 30 seconds at high speed, before the stove is warm. I did rig up a toggle switch to bypass the POF sensor, but when I throw the switch after the box is hot, the room blower still comes on at the high speed, and doesn’t slow down. The 1-5 heat level setting doesn’t change the fan speed either, even after I start it using the bypass to emulate the POF switch, but it does change the pellet feed rate, as normal. Any help on this issue or suggestions are hugely appreciated!

Normal start up on heat settings 1,2,3 your convection fan should come on when the pof is satisfactory. And should start on its lowest setting. If you start the stove on 4,5 it will start on its high setting. It sounds like there is a fault in control board on the POF side of the circuit. Was it plugged in all summer? Any lightning storms? Do you have it plugged into a good surge protector?

Thanks for the reply. Normally it is unplugged during summer and in a good surge protector during winter. Things got moved around during the summer and when I checked the u to last week it was plugged directly into the wall. We did have storms during the summer.
I am starting the unit at setting 1.

Lightning took out my big-e board 3 years ago did about the same as yours only my fan came on when stove turned on. I have the triac’s and optoisolaters for the fix but i ran across another stove for 100 bucks with a new control. So the old one sits patiently in my office.

Normal start up on heat settings 1,2,3 your convection fan should come on when the pof is satisfactory. And should start on its lowest setting. If you start the stove on 4,5 it will start on its high setting. It sounds like there is a fault in control board on the POF side of the circuit. Was it plugged in all summer? Any lightning storms? Do you have it plugged into a good surge protector?
In case anyone else sees this issue, the POF sensor fixed my problem. Thanks!