Breckwell p2000fs overfeed, sometimes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Aregbert

Dec 3, 2018
NV
I have a Breckwell p2000fs manufactured July 1996. Towards the end of last season,it started to over feed pellets sporadically while on the higher settings. I didn't think too much of it, until it did it this past weekend, and gave me a fire in the ash bin. My explanation would be that the auger is stuck in the feed position. Any suggestions as to a possible cause? Thanks up front for your time and thoughts.

Following your post as I am having the same issue with my lopi Foxfire. It overfeeds pellets in the thermostat mode and dumps them into the ash bin. Last week I did have a fairly good fire in there because it ignited the pellets. I clean it religiously every week. When it does the overfeed it cannot ignite the pellets and it shuts the stove off with an error message for a misfire.