Breckwell loud Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snickers

Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2008
Southeastern MA
I have a Breckwell P23 Series Pellet Stove which has been nothing but a problem since its arrival. I have already replaced the circuit board twice and now a high pitched noise eminates from the fan at times. It will start, get real loud and then stop. Other times it gets so loud I have to turn the stove off, let it cool down and restart it. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is very annoying when it does. Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Let me guess, another GEM from Rural King?

Eric

I wouldn't bash ruralking, from what I have dealt with, they have been more than willing to help out. I think the problem is that Breckwell manufactured them in a hurry. Upon asking Mark Sims, the internet store manager... the stoves are entirely boxed and sealed when they come into Rural King, and then Rural King adds more protection like shrink wrap and another pallet for stability. The problem lies in breckwell's hurrying to produce stoves, not rural king

I have never bought anything from Rural King.

All the feedback I have heard on Rural King is from this board and people calling that have bought stoves from them. A large percentage is very negative. I am very well aware of the issues with Breckwell stoves. Tractor supply used to sell Breckwell and did more harm than good by selling them, lack of dealer support. I hope Rural King will improve it's dealer support.

Eric

I know there are numerous versions of the BIG E but as for batches I am not sure. The price Rural Kings sells stoves for is almost the same price I pay for stoves. I do know their incoming price is per truckload quantity where mine is 5-10 stoves at a time.

Eric

I'm quite happy with my Breckwell purchased from Rural King. I understood at the time of purchase that I was on my own since they are nowhere near NE and as such researched and learned all I could. I am a happy pellet user now and this forum is a pretty good substitute when a dealer isn't available. I say not available because a stove was nowhere to be found in NE this past summer/fall, aside from one dealer in W Spfld. who I won't mention as they were the most rude and crude individuals I have ever met.

In the meantime since I purchased my stove, I have installed it, installed a thermostat, and have been running it ever since. Yes, I did request some assistance on the forum early on but now I'm running the heater closed loop and couldn't be happier, well maybe if pellets were free ;)

Anyhow, although off topic, I wanted to express my opinion/experience when a dealer wasn't available and I did what I had to do. I spoke with Eric on the phone and I can say I understand his point of view being a dealer and enjoyed talking with him in general. That is the point of a forum like this though, to be able to provide support for others based on individual experience. In this case, we have the advantage of having knowledgeable dealers reviewing as well to provide insight as well.

peace,

Dan

I absolutely second the comments from Dan. I too could not get the stove I wanted locally. The few dealers around here would stick their noses in the air when I mentioned Breckwell. They also threw the crap at you when you asked about pellets and they quickly shot back that they only sold to people who purchased stoves from them. And... my local stove dealer did not even have vent piping in stock at this critical time of the year. Eric was a savior - was a big help, sent me my ductwork and willingly gives his time to the folks who contact him. Eric - if you want to franchise your business give me a call - you most definitely appear to have your act together.

Thanks

I live my life to serve others.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.