Brand New Lopi 1750i door handle position

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lp9900

Nov 15, 2018
California
I have a newly installed Lopi 1750i which I am learning to use, and loving. However, I’m getting soot build up on the handle side of the glass and started investigating. Then, I noticed my handle is at the 9:00 position when the door is fully closed and latched. Other pictures I’ve seen of this unit the handle is down at the 6:00 position. Is this normal? If not, how do I fix it so it’s sitting in the right position when closed?

Attachments

• Brand New Lopi 1750i door handle position
    63C0C0B0-F1F7-4F58-AE97-941054470A4E.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 108
It does need to be pointed down when latched. When they are new the stiff gasket makes it hard to get the door closed. Eventually it’ll compress and it won’t be an issue. Just give it a crank while pushing in on it.

The handle has never pointed down on my 1250 in 7 years.
Brand New Lopi 1750i door handle position

Reactions: lp9900
Well then I won’t bother trying to change it. Thank you!
But it’s not correct...
It just needs some muscle power most likely... there’s a little to adjusting the striker, but it’s not too bad if needed.

But it’s not correct...
It just needs some muscle power most likely... there’s a little to adjusting the striker, but it’s not too bad if needed.

You’re absolutely correct. I never thought of it from that perspective. Indeed the brass piece is getting “scuffed” in the position it’s in. I definitely tried to crank it down and it won’t budge. I will have the installers adjust it properly. Thank you for your insight.

You’re absolutely correct. I never thought of it from that perspective. Indeed the brass piece is getting “scuffed” in the position it’s in. I definitely tried to crank it down and it won’t budge. I will have the installers adjust it properly. Thank you for your insight.
He may have over tightened the latch. If you handy and have a 9/16 wrench you can fix it.

Interesting. I just messed with mine and I can force it to about the 7:00 position. It's never run away on me. Oddly enough, I did the dollar bill test for the first time ever about a month ago just because the door gasket has never been replaced.
I adjusted my handle once a couple of years ago. If I remember right I removed 1 or 2 washers.

@webby3650 - I grabbed my 9/16 socket and gave it an ever so slight adjustment and now it points straight down. I kept it relatively tight (dollar bill check), and now it points straight down and is fully seated correctly. Thanks a bunch. I wish the installers would have caught that detail.

Attachments

• Brand New Lopi 1750i door handle position
    02C28180-CAA3-4755-882C-821BCEF662B6.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: webby3650