Blower rattles .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
One of my blowers rattles on certain speeds. Goes away after playing with speed. Is there fix I can try before replacing it? I've inspected and cleaned it. No visible damage.

Last edited:
It could be an off-balance fan cage. Make sure its blades are all clean. Also check to see if something else is the actual rattle caused by the vibration of the blower.

Pry up on each corner of stove with lift bar see if noise goes away. Maybe it’s not level

Buy a small package of magnets and experiment with a couple to see if you can balance things out

welcome to the club, all the blowers rattle on my stoves, drives me nuts so i seldom turn them on anymore.

We’ve replaced 2 sets of Lopi flush blowers recently. Both had bearings seizing on one side. Typically they are very quiet, and sit in there very tight, there’s not much adjusting that you can do. Make sure they are bolted down tight. Could pull them out to Clean them, and check the bearings.

Make sure you've cleaned it thoroughly. Mine gets pulled off from time to time and blown out with compressed air. Any remaining stuff on the fan blades gets wiped off with q tips.