Blaze King VP-this needs your attention

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildbilljp

Nov 30, 2018
Ky
So, as I stated in another thread yesterday. I paid a down payment on a BK Princess at a dealer who is 1hr and 40min. from me. I have the detailed receipt and they have my check.
I was satisfied with the deal and was told to expect the insert in January.
Now, today I get a call from the owner of the store and he says the person at the Blaze King home office gave him a bad price and that the price was $700.00 more than what he and I agreed upon.
What now?
BKVP, if your people made a bad quote, and then a dealer made a sale based on that quote, seems to me and everyone else I have discussed this with that BK needs to stick to the original quote.
Very concerned in Ky....
What are your thoughts?

Can’t say it’s what happened but your dealer probably used a old price sheet. When I went to my dealer he pulled out the BK price sheet, and without lifting up the phone gave me the number right there. Options included, etc. chances are he’s trying to cover his ass...

When I decided to ax my dutchwest non cat in the shop I had been looking at BK's for a while and I knew i wanted a princess, called two dealers here in michigan, the one who had a unit in stock quoted me I think $2600 over the phone, when I got there i was informed the door of all things was extra, and the model he had was the Ultra. so I ended up paying quite bit more. Typical dealer BS

Manufacturers do not just raise the price out of nowhere. This is a bunch of crap, I wouldn’t pay the extra.

Reactions: Matt93eg
I can tell you what full retail is in the morning when I get to work if you want to know.

What kind of dealer has to call in the manufacturer to get a price anyway! This comical!

Manufacturers do not just raise the price out of nowhere. This is a bunch of crap, I wouldn’t pay the extra.
No but when do bk price increases go into effect? It's still not right they should stand by their quote but may explain it

No but when do bk price increases go into effect? It's still not right they should stand by their quote but may explain it
I’m not real sure. I’m thinkin after the first of the year, March maybe? I know how to find out.;)
It certainly wouldn’t be a $700 increase either!

Me thinks this should have been posted in a PM or with a direct phone call. Hearth.com is not BK customer service.

I’m not real sure. I’m thinkin after the first of the year, March maybe? I know how to find out.;)
It certainly wouldn’t be a $700 increase either!
Have you seen this years price increases yet? The cost of steel went trhough the roof we are seening steep price hikes across the board. I have no clue what bks increases will be though i am not a bk dealer.

And regardless it shouldnt matter they should honor the quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.