Blaze king outside air kit (alcove install)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bumblebeetuna96

Mar 17, 2018
USA
Good afternoon, I'm just about ready to submit my permit to the town and I need some info on the outside air kit. The manual says for alcove installs I need to use blaze king part number 8DT-VC. The manual for that kit is not very good. It's geared toward a mobile home where it seems they want you to install a 3" or 4" flex to a 6" adapter to pull air from beneath a mobile home. I'm installing on my first floor and would like to pull air from through the wall right behind the stove. Is this possible? I do have a basement but it seems silly to go down then cut through the foundation in order to get air. Also, what would they expect from someone living on a slab?

Attachments

• Blaze king outside air kit (alcove install)
    woodstove living front view.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Blaze king outside air kit (alcove install)
    woodstove living top view close.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 171