Blaze King King cat thermometer questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

ohlongarmisle

Sep 28, 2022
Ohio
My BK is 7 years old it came with a factory cat thermometer no temp markings in degrees, any idea what the temps may be at the various probe positions. My probe is 2in, however when I picked up my new combustor from the BK dealer($427)wow, the new BK,King cat thermometer has a 4in probe any one know why,the dealer didn't.

Temps don't matter. The only thing you need to know is when it's above the threshold that it's active.
In fact temps will be very different from stove top thermometers on tube stoves, and numbers therefore often lead to confusion.

That said you can buy ones with numbers from other vendors.

The length is specific for the design of the stove and you should not put a thermometer of another length in as you'd be measuring at the wrong place.

I don't know what the length is for your princess.

Temps don't matter. The only thing you need to know is when it's above the threshold that it's active.
In fact temps will be very different from stove top thermometers on tube stoves, and numbers therefore often lead to confusion.

That said you can buy ones with numbers from other vendors.

The length is specific for the design of the stove and you should not put a thermometer of another length in as you'd be measuring at the wrong place.

I don't know what the length is for your princess.
I have a King,it takes a 2in,but the exact stove I saw yesterday a King parlor takes a 4in. that's where the confusion is,THX

Mine is longer too. For me due to the convection top,. leading to a larger distance to the center behind the cat.

That's all

This is what you need

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Blaze King King cat thermometer questions.
    image.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 1

Trending content