Blaze King- convection deck vs blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ksks

Oct 16, 2016
SW MO
Hopefully the last question before I order this thing...

I think it will be Blaze King-King, Ultra with ash pan and blower.

The convection deck comes standard on the Ultra.

What I'm not clear on, does the blower apparatus replace the deck? Does the blower unit blow thru the deck? Do you have both?

Thanks for your help.

ksks

The blowers hook on via the back, and the fans blow through convention deck.. I do have both, my ultra was a previously used and I believe the deck was an option and not standard at the time.. I added the fans, eh.. I'm not really blown away by them.. but that's me.. others will chime in I'm sure..
Good luck..

Thanks James.
I suppose if the fans aren't too powerful, I can set up a box fan.
I have a ceiling fan in the shop so that might take care of the issue, I have 12 foot ceilings so I will have to get the warm air back down.

ksks

My stove is really in the best place, but the far reaches of the house are not as warm.. hoped that the fans would help.. It's been said before, no two situations are the same.. Good luck though.. plus, something I never get to say.. makes sure your wood is dry..

PLEASE NOTE:

When the King 1107 was safety tested, the Ultra model was tall enough in mobile home applications to raise ceiling temps (remember 7' ceilings). With this in mind, the convection deck was added. Since being brought to market and to this date, the convection deck is required for 100% of all installations. Tamper proof fasteners were added after original introductions, which were welded on the stove.

This only applies to the King Ultra, no other models.

BKVP

Thanks BKVP. My shop is 40x40 so I imagine there will be a learning curve for me.

By the way, I got you another dealer here in Southwest MO!
The guy I used to install the Regency years ago in my house and does the chimney work wasn't on you list. I decided I wanted the Ultra and last Fall he filed your paperwork. I will be buying the stove thru him!

He's a very good guy, competent and trustworthy, in an under-served area. I don't know how the business end goes on your part, but being a small businessman myself, I know how important contacts are. Not sure what the policy is here about recommending businesses, but if you want to PM me I can give you his name.

ksks

Please do and thank you.