Blaze King Chinook Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drstorm

Burning Hunk
Aug 19, 2016
Northeast PA
So,I picked up my missing thermostat knob from the dealer yesterday,he said all I need is a small allen wrench to attach it.I have my allen wrench,question is how do I know at what position to tighten it?
The two pictures are my best guess.Showing range of motion as far to the left(l.ow) and as far to the right(up)as it will turn.
Something tells me this is too great a range.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• Blaze King Chinook Thermostat
    20161001_115441.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Blaze King Chinook Thermostat
    20161001_115450.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
The range is correct, the position isn't.

I think the thermostat is the same as my Princess. If so, turn it as far as it will go open then put the knob on so it points to 6:00

Oh my freaking gawd. This dealer is a moron.

Reactions: drstorm
Oh my freaking gawd. This dealer is a moron.
:(...
I'm trying not to let it ruin my impressions toward Blaze King,I'm really not.
The dealer finally told me that Duravent told him I can seal the outside air gap with the high temp silicone,although they seem amazed that I want to do that.Still no approval to seal the gap on the inside,baby steps I guess.
With all your help I'll be curing my paint very soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.