Blaze King Ashford Enamel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drz1050

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2014
Ballston Lake, NY
Hi all, new guy here in upstate NY. Bought an old house about a year ago now, currently on oil heat... and prices were killing me last winter. No woodstove or chimney in the house currently, so this will be a whole new install.

I've been to the local dealer a couple times, and have done a lot of reading/ lurking through the threads on here.. I'm 99% sold on the Ashford, but now to decide which one to get. I've been looking for pictures of the enamel ones, and haven't been able to find any... I'm leaning towards ordering the brown one, but would rather not sight unseen.

Any of you peoples out there with the Ashfords have the blue or brown one? If so, please post up some pics!

Its a great stove! One guy on here has a brown one. You won't find a blue one. Don't think they ever released that color.

Thanks Webby! Your posts about the Ashford have been weighed heavily :)

"Midnight Satin" is what the dealer was calling it, he said they were available, but he's never seen one...

Thanks Webby! Your posts about the Ashford have been weighed heavily :)

"Midnight Satin" is what the dealer was calling it, he said they were available, but he's never seen one...
They might be this fall, but they haven't been. Last I heard anyway.

Here is a picture of the brown Ashford from member Parallax:
Blaze King Ashford Enamel

Have not seen a posting with the blue one yet.

Blaze King Ashford Enamel This is ours first burn tonight:)

Its a great stove! One guy on here has a brown one. You won't find a blue one. Don't think they ever released that color.
I think they are ready to release it now. The first run color was not quite at spec so they held back production until it met their requirement. I'm partial to the blue-black finish. It's tough but more subtle and less glossy.

Must be a very small break-in fire. Just a couple of matches?

It's a Blaze King, pic with or with out fire looks similar, no need to drag out the camera. ;)

Here, I'll do it for you.

Attachments

• Blaze King Ashford Enamel
    image.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 221
That's the one, thanks Webby!

I think they are ready to release it now. The first run color was not quite at spec so they held back production until it met their requirement. I'm partial to the blue-black finish. It's tough but more subtle and less glossy.

This just makes me want to see it more!
I wonder if the dealer would order one of each if I committed to buying one... probably fat chance.

Those brown ones do look good fellas!

Brown is my favorite enamel color! My Ashford was supposed to be brown, but they had some production issues with the enamel. So black it is!
I ended up with a brown Jotul Oslo instead.

That's too bad. They were supposed to have this straightened out by now. Blue-black is a popular enamel. I loved it on our Castine.

Status
Not open for further replies.