Blaze King 40 thermometer location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WASPKFD

Nov 3, 2013
Iowa
Still abnormally warm where I live, still too warm to fire up the new stove.
I was use to the magnetic thermo on the single wall stove pipe but the BK has dual wall and requires the probe type, What kind do you suggest and location and temps?? Thanx!!

Blaze King 40 thermometer location

Still abnormally warm where I live, still too warm to fire up the new stove.
I was use to the magnetic thermo on the single wall stove pipe but the BK has dual wall and requires the probe type, What kind do you suggest and location and temps?? Thanx!!

View attachment 301451
I use this one. I put it about 18" above the stove top. I think some folks user the digital Auber one as well for more instantaneous readouts.

I have the condar too.

Condar FlueGard here, and more than a foot but less than two above stove top. I had to stay below 18" to avoid putting it in the slip joint of a telescoping pipe.