Blaze king 2-3 clearance rule?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffsk7

Aug 16, 2014
washington state
I have a sirocco 30 and installed it with flex liner all the way down to the flue collar. There are some minor bends at about 20 inches up. And a slight s type bend going into the tile chimney liner. I'm just curious if this is affecting my draft. I couldn't run below about 2
without the cat going inactive. But it is summer and very warm out. I will be insulating as well.

The bottom will be wrapped with ceramic blanket and then concealed with black pipe and a block off plate will be installed. I'm just trying to get all this figured out before it gets cold. Thanks for any help. Also 18 feet of liner was used.

This is more likely mild outdoor temps. I think you will find the draft significantly improved when temps get below about 45F.

Good to hear thank you. After reading the bk 2013-2014 thread there was lots of talk about poor performance because of draft. Just want the best performance I can get!

Though the stat on each model is different, even in the best of times I can't go below 1.5 and keep the cat active. 1.75 is my normal low-low setting.

Not sure what part of WA you are from but our overnight lows in the west have only gotten to 55 so far this season and every day above 70. The poor draft in these temperatures will affect your settings.

The liner bends turned out great. Relatively smooth. You should be able to seal that up and dress it up nicely.

Nope I just say tacoma because most people know of it. I'm from kitsap county. That would have been nice. Although from the prices of bk stoves on here I think I got a good deal from my local shop.

I too bought my BK at Kitsap Lumber. I grew up in Silverdale. Price was good and the shop has a decent inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.