bixby stove problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan60

Jan 1, 2015
st.johns,mi
I have a 2006 Bixby 115 and when I press the on button it goes right to level eight instead of starting out at
level one. And it wont go down no matter what button I push.

anyone have a idea what's wrong?

I have a 2006 Bixby 115 and when I press the on button it goes right to level eight instead of starting out at
level one. And it wont go down no matter what button I push.

anyone have a idea what's wrong?
Not sure whats wrong but maybe unplug it and after waiting a minute plug it back in. Kinda like rebooting a computer and once in a while it will solve the problem. Does the light go off it you push off? Will it run on 8? Probably not. It could be the strip with the buttons gone bad. Maybe you could try unplugging the wide white strip from the control board and then replugging it. Seems two choices either the control strip with the buttons or the board. Was the stove plugged directly into a wall socket without a surge protecter this summer? Maybe lightening did something. Do you have any friends with the same 115 that you could test your board with their stove?

Not sure whats wrong but maybe unplug it and after waiting a minute plug it back in. Kinda like rebooting a computer and once in a while it will solve the problem. Does the light go off it you push off? Will it run on 8? Probably not. It could be the strip with the buttons gone bad. Maybe you could try unplugging the wide white strip from the control board and then replugging it. Seems two choices either the control strip with the buttons or the board. Was the stove plugged directly into a wall socket without a surge protecter this summer? Maybe lightening did something. Do you have any friends with the same 115 that you could test your board with their stove?
just played with the plug from the button panel to the mother board and its working ok now.
must have bumped it when I was cleaning the inside.
thanks for the insight into what it could be.

The connectors on that stove seem to be a weak point in its design. I was pulling my hair out at the beginning of last season when the exhaust probe had come loose. The connector trying to hang on with the length of stiff wire wobbling around had worked off just a bit. Corn is the way to go for heating this season. Price dropped a nickel yesterday to my buy price of $3.45/bu. The quality around here is great with high test weights.

Status
Not open for further replies.