BIS Nova Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

commercialgrade

Jan 25, 2011
North Florida
I recently purchased a BIS Nova to put in my newly constructed house. I have been through the break in period where I only burned small fires. I have sense had a few "full" fires. The unit seems to do well as far as burning the wood and but it seems like the blower ought to put more air out. I was dissapointed with the blower and have since purchased another blower that I added to it (so I now have 2 130 CFM blowers under my fireplace) and it does seem to help but it seems like most of the air blowing out of the blower is not making it out of the top of the fireplace. Can anyone that has this fireplace let me know how hard their blower blows. How far away can you feel the heat being blowed out? If anybody has had any similiar situations, can you please let me know how you fixed it.

Hello I do understand your concern about the blower. I have recently installed bis nova fireplace in my existing prefab fireplace. Wow what a difference between the 2. As far the blower goes in my opinion if you run the blower too long it actually cools down the firebox. What I do is wait until the pipe inside the unit turns red and I turn on blower for 15 minutes or so for maxium heat output. However I am only seeming to get 3-4 hour burn times before reloading. I hope this is somewhat helpful. I would have to say that I do love this fireplace though and it burns pretty damn clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.