BioBricks in Fitchburg, $235.00 per ton, see link to Craig's List

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$135 a ton in the title!!!!!!!!!!!! , I almost grabbed a u-haul trailer and headed Northwest.
They carry those log products too, I definately want to try those out.

I know the BioBricks worked great in my stove , the only bad thing was the $8.00 a bag the creep I bought them from ripped me off for but I wanted to try them and couldnt wait.

babalu87,
Where did you get them, at Eastern Ice in Brockton? If so, how many did you get in a package?

I thought they were selling sample packs for $5.50 but the guy on the phone seemed to think there were only 10 or 12 and not 20, which is how much I got from South Shore Wood Pellets.

Is Holbrook really that far for you to go? He is selling a one ton pallet for $145.00. The $10.00 difference is way less than you would pay in gas to go to Fitchburg.

If my math is correct $5.50 for a sample pack works out to be only $0.60 more per pack than you would pay if you bought a whole pallet.

For what it's worth he doesn't seem to be trying to gouge anyone. In not so many terms he basically told me he'd rather make his money on volume. Which is a better way to develope a loyal customer base.
~Cath

I tried them a few years ago just because I was so curious about them. It was a place off 495 , I forget where, my wife picked them up on her way to a job. They were the standard 20 block bag.
Holbrook is selling them for $145!!!! or is that another typo? The cheapest I ever saw them was $190.00 and that was out near the manufacturing plant over two years ago.
Brockton is much easier for me on the commute home but I have a spot I used to bowhunt at near Holbrook, that may be a good excuse to head over that way ;)

I will probably pick some up at Brockton Ice just to have around to show people how well they work. I have enough wood on my property to keep me in wood until I am too old to bother with it anymore and if I manage it properly there will be plenty for whoever comes after me.

$145.00 is a typo. It should be $245.00 a ton. I have also corrected thet thread title.

I'd call Brockton Ice first to be sure of the amount per bag. Their price on the sample pack is the same as South Shore Wood Pellet but you are paying about twice as much if there are only 10 or 12 bricks per pack.

If it makes a difference, South Shore Wood Pellet is pretty close to the Randolph/Holbrook Commuter Rail Station and Lynwood (Lynnwood?) pizza if you happen to know where they are.

ETA - here is a link to the BioBirck pricing info on their web site.
http://www.southshorewoodpellets.com/bio_brick__pricing
There used to be a minimum of 10 packages which I thought he was going to change to 1 but it looks like he's changed it to 2. Which is probably reasonable if the unit cost is half of what his closest competition is charging.
~Cath

My friend has a sheet metal shop right there, I guess I know whose picking them up and buying me lunch soon ;)

That's funny, the same day we picked the BioBricks up DH stopped into a nearby sheet metal place for a quote on fabricating a heat shield. I wonder if that's your friend.

He wound up going someplace else that was about $20.00 cheaper.
~Cath

Could be, he does a lot of commercial work though. I would be suprised they quoted a heat shield but I know he is always scraping.

He made collars for my stove pipe for a beer ;)
Actually, I made them he just pointed me to the tools.

DH?
That only stands for one thing and I only hear that when the wife is PISSED

Sorry, I picked up the shorthand DH on a different set of forums. It stands for Dear Husband and on rare occasion D--- Husband; are you suggesting that your wife means the latter when she uses it? The vast majority of the time "Dear" applies on the set of forums I referred to; it's usually specified if the poster intends "D---". Of course my husband is always Dear to me.

I use it here primarily because his given name is "Craig" and I thought that might get confusing since the web master's name happens to be Craig and he has a regular presence here.
~Cath

Cath said:
I use it here primarily because his given name is "Craig" and I thought that might get confusing since the web master's name happens to be Craig and he has a regular presence here.
~Cath

I think a couple of people would refer to the webmaster as DH too if he didn't have the power of the delete key and banning. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
... I think a couple of people would refer to the webmaster as DH too if he didn't have the power of the delete key and banning. :lol:

BrotherBart,
Is that DH for Dear Hearthmaster?

For anyone who is interested or curious, DW is Dear Wife, DS is Dear Son and DD is Dear Daughter. In the case of children you can note their birth order if you have more than one of the same gender. E.g.: DD1 and DD2.

These forums seem to use a very limited amount of "texting" type abbreviations, which is fine by me. It took me a long time to decipher the basic ones over on the other set of forums I mentioned.
~Cath

Status
Not open for further replies.