Bio Brick with wet wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shortys7777

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2017
Smithfield, RI
First season burning. Haven't even lived in the house a year so I started a nice wood stash this past spring since I finally have space for it, for winters here on out. I bought a cord. Some is 20% some is not. If i were to pick up some bio bricks and burn a couple with some dry wood and a piece of wet wood, how much would my stove be suffering? I understand I should probably clean my chimney 2-3 times this winter based off research on here being a first timer and not having all fully seasoned wood. Thanks!

Better that you do not burn wet wood at all. Burn the 20% and bio bricks and keep the other wood until it is seasoned. It may mean you will spend more on bio bricks but that is often the case for the first year of burning. When you get a few years ahead you will not need to buy any bio bricks.

If the not 20% wood is low 20s you can mix it with bio bricks, otherwise keep it firm next year.