Better'N Ben's Stove Removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nyyankster7

May 31, 2024
Warwick
How do I go about removing a Better'N Ben's wood stove insert? I believe I have an animal in the chimney somewhere. I keep hearing sounds every once in a while, it could possibly be a nest. I have owned this house for over 15 years and have never used it.

Thank you for any help!! Much appreciated!!

If it has the original faceplate, there are two long slots with cover plates that cover the vertical slots in faceplate. A knob on each side rotates to loosen the clamp like bracket behind faceplate, then slide downward to disengage and slide out. Normally has feet in front that go down to the floor, so build up blocking to support the back as you slide it out.

As somebody who owns a pest and wildlife company, let me give you a warning. If you remove the stove, depending on how it was installed, you may release that animal to run around your house. That could be more excitement than you want as there’s a good chance it’s a raccoon.

If there’s an animal entering and leaving through your chimney, you can trap it from the outside.