Best temp controller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gearhead660

Minister of Fire
Dec 20, 2018
Southern WI
Looking to install a temp control on my wood stove. I just want it to monitor the temp of the flue, if I can add an alarm that's a bonus. Was thinking about a probe/dial thermometer, but would like a more accurate reading. What is everyone else using?

I have a auber at200.....really like it. I think it has a accuracy of +/- 5 degrees. Bout as accurate as it gets
Same here. I like it. If you need to turn on fans a PID would be better.

Same here. I like it. If you need to turn on fans a PID would be better.
The stove has a snap disc for the fan. Will have to check out the AT200.

I got the AT200 last year and like it. It's very sensitive. The big difference from the stack probe thermometer is how quickly it reacts. It's almost instant. Comparisons noted in the how to start a fire sticky link, up top.

Reactions: Gearhead660
A few years ago I put this together for my BK. It monitors flue, cat, and stove top all with alarms.
Maybe a bit more elaborate than what you had in mind, but I find it quite useful.
Best temp controller

I got the AT200 last year and like it. It's very sensitive. The big difference from the stack probe thermometer is how quickly it reacts. It's almost instant. Comparisons noted in the how to start a fire sticky link, up top.
I was reading that, its what got the ball rolling in my head. Does the AT200 have an alarm built in?