Best pellets for northern Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Boorus

Feb 21, 2019
Michigan
New at pellet stoves and looking for clean burning pellets. Burning pro pellets in a st Croix Hastings now and wondering if there might be a better pellet available in north west Michigan??

Isabella pellets were excellent, however their plant burned down late last year. Don’t know if they will rebuild.

Propellets have always been very good also,,,low ash, burn more completely. Meander pellets...not so good,,,too much ash.

Also in north west Michigan. For me Pro Pellets are excellent. Looking at the specs on every other bag I come across, I don't want to burn anything else. They just seem to be getting harder to find. Just talked to one store that still has them, but won't sell tons since they only have 2 tons left.

Thanks. I've heard the same from a couple other people. Think I'll listen to the good advice and stay with the Pro Pellets. Thanks again

Reactions: tlc1976
I normally get 2 ton in August, and 1-2 ton for Black Friday. But this year everybody was out for Black Friday, but then I found Lowes had them. But then I got real sick and by the time I got better, Lowes was out. I contacted the company for more dealers in my area, and Emmet Brick & Block near Harbor Springs had 40 tons in stock, stored indoors, so I got my last ton there. I think I'll keep getting them from there if the Family Farm and Home still won't get them anymore. Prefer the Farm and Home because they're open longer and they're much closer. That's a lot of weight so I don't like to do it when the roads are slick.

I was running low awhile back, and my local Ace was out, both of his stores, Suggested the Feed mill. Went there they keep it indoors,, drive-thru right to the pile of pellets and they load it for me....Couldn’t be any bertter,,, it was Propellets, and it was two pretty young ladies doing the loading,,

Reactions: tlc1976