1. Newfiestang

Newfiestang
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 5, 2017
    Loc:
    NL
    Folks,

can anyone suggest a good efficient non gasfication boiler. I am in Canada and have tried just about every company that makes gasification boilers and just cant seem to get anything for less than $16000 CDN. Even tried the Woodgun thinking the no need for buffer storage would save me some money.....bot was I wrong, over $20K delivered to my door.

Anyway if anyone has had good experience with a certain boiler please comment below.

Thanks

2. maple1

maple1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Maybe you should tell us what your budget is? Where are you looking at boilers? There are decent prices on gassers out there. Check the Smokeless Heat link for one example. If really on a shoe string you could watch kijiji for a decent used one - I'm not sure there are 'decent' new non-gassers being made anymore. But any decent boiler will be much better with storage.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. E Yoder

E Yoder
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jan 27, 2017
    Loc:
    Floyd, VA
    I don't know if you're interested in outdoor boilers but Heatmaster makes several gassers and non-gassers for quite a bit less than what you're describing.
    I'm not as familiar with indoor brands but there should be some of those available for less too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. salecker

salecker
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 22, 2010
    Loc:
    Northern Canada
    How about Econoburn
    My 200 outdoor model was 10K when i bought it.

5. Karl_northwind

Karl_northwind
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 13, 2012
    Loc:
    Central Wi.
    Nearly anything that would normally be classified as an "indoor" boiler will need storage, which adds hugely to the cost (either in time or materials or both) the G-series will work indoor, but I wouldn't put in a "living space" more in a lean-to or outdoor boiler room.

6. maple1

maple1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I don't think I'd say 'hugely', but it would come down to situational circumstances. Mine was under $2k, ballparking at about 15% of total project cost.

7. BoiledOver

BoiledOver
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 14, 2013
    Loc:
    43°58'55 N - 85°20' W
    Yeah that's a tough one in your location. What does it cost to drive to the US and find a back road to cross back into with a new boiler?

8. maple1

maple1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I had mine freighted to me from another country. Confining the search to regional area or one side of the border limits options.

9. salecker

salecker
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 22, 2010
    Loc:
    Northern Canada
    My storage was cheap...
    Free tanks,free scrap DSC00007.JPG metal for the stands,and my time.Which a lot of people seem to think isn't worth much.
    Spray foam was all that cost me any actual money.

10. Drewby

Drewby
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 20, 2018
    Loc:
    LaCrosse wi
    I would say a Royall brand made in Wisconsin.
    It’s what I’ve been using all winter and mine works great.
    Perhaps a royall 6200 or 6300 would work for you.
    They are not going to be as efficient as a new gasser but I would bet they will last much longer. They are built VERY stout.

11. salecker

salecker
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 22, 2010
    Loc:
    Northern Canada
    The Econoburn has a 25 year warranty on the pressure vessel.