Best Non Gaser - Cant justify Gasification boiler cost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Newfiestang

Jan 5, 2017
NL
Folks,

can anyone suggest a good efficient non gasfication boiler. I am in Canada and have tried just about every company that makes gasification boilers and just cant seem to get anything for less than $16000 CDN. Even tried the Woodgun thinking the no need for buffer storage would save me some money.....bot was I wrong, over $20K delivered to my door.

Anyway if anyone has had good experience with a certain boiler please comment below.

Thanks

Maybe you should tell us what your budget is? Where are you looking at boilers? There are decent prices on gassers out there. Check the Smokeless Heat link for one example. If really on a shoe string you could watch kijiji for a decent used one - I'm not sure there are 'decent' new non-gassers being made anymore. But any decent boiler will be much better with storage.

I don't know if you're interested in outdoor boilers but Heatmaster makes several gassers and non-gassers for quite a bit less than what you're describing.
I'm not as familiar with indoor brands but there should be some of those available for less too.

How about Econoburn
My 200 outdoor model was 10K when i bought it.

I don't know if you're interested in outdoor boilers but Heatmaster makes several gassers and non-gassers for quite a bit less than what you're describing.
I'm not as familiar with indoor brands but there should be some of those available for less too.
Nearly anything that would normally be classified as an "indoor" boiler will need storage, which adds hugely to the cost (either in time or materials or both) the G-series will work indoor, but I wouldn't put in a "living space" more in a lean-to or outdoor boiler room.

I don't think I'd say 'hugely', but it would come down to situational circumstances. Mine was under $2k, ballparking at about 15% of total project cost.

Yeah that's a tough one in your location. What does it cost to drive to the US and find a back road to cross back into with a new boiler?

My storage was cheap...
Free tanks,free scrap
DSC00007.JPG
metal for the stands,and my time.Which a lot of people seem to think isn't worth much.
Spray foam was all that cost me any actual money.

I would say a Royall brand made in Wisconsin.
It’s what I’ve been using all winter and mine works great.
Perhaps a royall 6200 or 6300 would work for you.
They are not going to be as efficient as a new gasser but I would bet they will last much longer. They are built VERY stout.

I would say a Royall brand made in Wisconsin.
It’s what I’ve been using all winter and mine works great.
Perhaps a royall 6200 or 6300 would work for you.
They are not going to be as efficient as a new gasser but I would bet they will last much longer. They are built VERY stout.
The Econoburn has a 25 year warranty on the pressure vessel.