Best Fan to move HOT Air?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wnc_burner

Sep 11, 2015
wnc
I burn in a Quadrafire 7100 (https://www.quadrafire.com/products/7100-wood-fireplace.aspx)

It has the ports on the outer shell to hook up their heat zone kits and blow warm air into different rooms in the house. I've used it for years and it's great, but the 'register booster fans' they use are lousy and kinda loud. I'm looking for an 'in-line' type fan that I can use in hopes that' it's more quiet. There are plenty on the market that would work, but I'm looking for something that can handle the heat...

any suggestions?

Usually the blower is on the colder supply side. Is that an option?

Heat-Zone.jpg

This picture sums up how my burner works. The red arrow 'Heat Zone Outlet' shows where the current register fan is... I'm wanting to put a inline fan along that pipe somewhere and didn't know if there was a fan out there that hold ups better than other due to the heat

Yes, I was wondering if instead you could put a blower on the convection air intake (labeled optional blower) to boost airflow instead. That would be moving cool air. Tjerlund makes some squirrel cage register boosters that are more powerful.

Amazon lists a few boosters for heating ducts. Some are rated up to about @250º. Search on 6" heating duct booster.

Yes, I was wondering if instead you could put a blower on the convection air intake (labeled optional blower) to boost airflow instead. That would be moving cool air. Tjerlund makes some squirrel cage register boosters that are more powerful.

Amazon lists a few boosters for heating ducts. Some are rated up to about @250º. Search on 6" heating duct booster.

Yeah, I have the Tjerlunds in place already, they're kinda loud and obnoxious imo, i was thinking i could install a inline fan further up the ducting to remove the fan from the room and reduce noise.. the quadrafire is an amazing unit and this zone heating has me keeping heat in about 2700 sqft.

WNC burner,

Can you provide the temperature of the air exiting your hz kit register? I am running a HZ kit on my quadrafire P2C and am barely getting 80 F out of it. The run length is less than 10 feet so I am using the full starter tubes (no cuts). Can I cut the starter tube to get more heat?