bennington by hearthstone value

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

phile

Aug 11, 2018
northwest ohio
hey guys and gals. I was wandering if anyone can help me decide how much to ask for this woodburner. It is 9 years old very well taken care of and I paid $2600 for it new. cast iron with the blower fan. brown enamel. still have owners manual and receipt. Any suggestions would be helpful and I was thinking in the 1000 to 1500 range. is that out of range? thanks in advance.
bennington by hearthstone value bennington by hearthstone value

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds about right. Is the glass permanently fogged? If so, replacing it might help resale value.

Bennington was their large double door cast stove that gave way to the present day Manchester. A good heater but that long front door handle put some folks off. With brown enamel, blower and its looking nice, I'd ask 1500, take anything over 1000. Make em move it too, ha. Good luck.

That cleaned up nicely. If you can wait until mid to late Sept. you might get top dollar for it as temps cool down and the market demand heats up.

thanks for the advice. It has been a good stove. just tired of scrounging for wood and looking for something easier to deal with. the way I see it is if I have to pay for wood then I may as well pay for corn or pellets. I have freinds that are farmers and can get corn for cost, but I really liked burning wood when I could get it for free. I had a good run of 14 years of free wood. not sure if it's getting more popular or if the wood is drying up. thanks again