Benefit of Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ron Watson

Nov 13, 2012
Well DOH! Since I went from brand x to a Harman P61 I have been a big procrastinator when it comes to cleaning. I think my way was not so good. Saturday I took some temp readings after firing up the stove. 45 mins after starting it was running wide open and the highest I could get was 547 deg, Today I cleaned it well and used the same time frame to take Temp readings. 630 deg. Just standing in front of it I knew it was way higher but had no idea it was going to be that much. I think I shall clean it more often.

Reactions: davidfieldsnwa
Fly ash on the interior of the firebox on ANY stove is a good insulator which it's to your benefit to clean it often.