Beautiful Airbnb I’m staying at right now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marconis

Dec 13, 2021
NY
It’s a gas insert but thought you guys might like the ambiance of it all. Love the exposed brick on the chimney.

Beautiful Airbnb I’m staying at right now Beautiful Airbnb I’m staying at right now

beautiful. i'll bet when those bricks get warm it throws out heat very nicely

Stayed at an AirB&B on the Oregon coast at Christmas and it had a pellet stove, my first experience with that type burner. Gave off a surprising amount of heat, and was simple to operate. Only downside is it went through about a bag of pellets a day, $4-5 per bag I saw at our Menards around here, but the heat and ambiance was satisfying. The gas stoves I've experienced were not that satisfying.

What a shame it’s gas. Wood would be so much warmer in that space. Especially heating up this bricks more.

Thats a nice loft. I can see why they used gas instead of wood. Don't think I would want to rent out my property and tell people to use the woodstove as they please.
I’ve stayed at the same Airbnb twice up in Monticello and the host allows us to use the wood stove. We use it properly but she does have a note on the house rules not to use any wood other than she provides — can’t imagine the crap that people probably throw in there. Seems too much of a fire hazard to me, creosote concerns aside.

Reactions: clancey
I can't imagine leaving a wood burning stove for customers to use at an air bnb. I bet the insurance company would not be happy if they found out.

Reactions: Marconis