Basement install new construction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Claytronic

Jul 23, 2018
PA
Hello everyone. Rather new and need some help with my new construction home. It is a 1560 sq ft ranch and I was planning on putting a blaze king bx24 in the basement. The builder built a wood chase on the gable end of the home which is supported by superior wall.

I was planning on using a duraplus through the wall kit and duraplus 36" lengths.
My questions are:
where would I put a clean out door since the cleanout t will be below grade? I am assuming inside the basement - best practice?
Do I need to support the 18 plus feet of duraplus as it is going up the chase or does it lock in securely to each section and support by the t support?

Thanks for any help

The chimney tee needs to be outside in order to make the 90º turn up. Is the basement insulated and a finished space? If so, the ideal location would be central, near an open stairwell to upstairs. Otherwise it can be hard to heat the main floor from the basement. Would it be possible to locate the chimney up through the house or would it be possible to put the stove on the main floor instead?