Baffle bricks vs. baffle boards (Country S210)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

paris

Dec 2, 2019
Ulster County, NY
I recently bought a house with an old Country S210 stove from before Country was bought by Iron Strike. I cleaned out the stove and found that the baffle blankets were a mess (there were about two inches of ash piled on top). Searching online for new baffle blankets, I noticed the current version of the S210 comes with baffle boards instead of the baffle bricks in my stove. Are there advantages to either one? Can I replace with baffle bricks in my stove with baffle boards? It looks like baffle boards would make the blanket sit about an inch lower.

thanks!

Paris

The stove is designed with bricks. There is enough clearance as designed. Baffle boards are more fragile but can be better insulators. That can help the firebox stay a bit hotter and burn a little cleaner.