Baby it's Cold Outside (Newport WA)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dataman

Minister of Fire
Sep 10, 2018
Newport, Wa
Right now it's -5f (Picture is earlier). Pellet Stove (Harmon XXV) is cranking. Burning 2 Bags a day now. 74f in House. That 12 bags I got to finish out the Winter is not going to last. Getting another 12 today I hope. Worst case break into the wrapped 2 Tons I have sitting. But it's not in great place (Can we say Snow blocking back porch). Have to bring it around front of house and use that porch. All that trouble might as well get from Town.

Baby it's Cold Outside (Newport WA) Baby it's Cold Outside (Newport WA)

It was in the upper 40s here this morning. Going down into the 20s tonight. I think our below zero nights are over for the year. Some are boiling sap already!

Reactions: Mt Bob
2 bags a day wow!!!! A bag a day for -20f here usually…must be a big place

Reactions: Mt Bob
Right now it's -5f (Picture is earlier). Pellet Stove (Harmon XXV) is cranking. Burning 2 Bags a day now. 74f in House. That 12 bags I got to finish out the Winter is not going to last. Getting another 12 today I hope. Worst case break into the wrapped 2 Tons I have sitting. But it's not in great place (Can we say Snow blocking back porch). Have to bring it around front of house and use that porch. All that trouble might as well get from Town.

View attachment 292525 View attachment 292526
Never knew it got that cold in wash state.

It don't in February. I saw -20f in January once. We should be high 20's for Low. Today it's 15f. Shorts Weather for some. In a week it should be normal again. Harmon doing it's Job quite well. Alas had to empty the ashes yesterday. I used Cougar to Vacuum them out with just 10 min shutdown. Warm Ashes. Hopefully did not melt anything. Still have plenty of snow to melt. It's gone down about foot since this picture. Pellets on other side in bay. Car in the way on end and too much work for getting them to porch. 1st year this has happened since we moved here in 2011.

Baby it's Cold Outside (Newport WA)

It don't in February. I saw -20f in January once. We should be high 20's for Low. Today it's 15f. Shorts Weather for some. In a week it should be normal again. Harmon doing it's Job quite well. Alas had to empty the ashes yesterday. I used Cougar to Vacuum them out with just 10 min shutdown. Warm Ashes. Hopefully did not melt anything. Still have plenty of snow to melt. It's gone down about foot since this picture. Pellets on other side in bay. Car in the way on end and too much work for getting them to porch. 1st year this has happened since we moved here in 2011.

View attachment 292586
Hit "like" but not liking your situation lol. Good luck!

It's almost over and pretty glad for the Snow. No Snow and wells dry up. Last year was pretty bad with no Rain. Cold in Feb is not normal. Next week almost to 50f.