Avalon perfect fit stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Stick

Feeling the Heat
Oct 26, 2011
Capital Region, NY
Anyone have one? I bought one and it will be installed dec. 12th. Got a great deal on it as it was a twice burned floor model. Thing is spotless and clean. Have 2.5 cords of 3 year seasoned locust waiting for this thing. I started scrounging wood couple of years ago in anticipation of getting an insert. Thanks

Boom...that's a brand new line from Travis. I was considering it when I made my purchase back in August. My guess is you're the first with one here. I could be wrong though.

I don't own one but this looks like a well built stove. It's large enough for long burns so you'll be all set there too! Be sure to create a thread of your install so we can watch it going in. You might want to detail your plans as well because others will see if there's anything to add while your installing. Lot's of knowledge out here and best of all, it's free!

The business I bought it from is doing the install. I don't think mine has LED lighting on it. I know it doesn't. It is the older model that has two doors vs. one. For the price we are getting a real nice insert. Pipe and installation is costing me exactly 1 grand but for the piece of mind I'll take it. I never pay anybody for anything so it doesn't hurt that bad. Has a blower on it, to boot. Thanks for the replies. looking forward to finally burning all the wood I have scrounged in anticipation of this. Oh yeah, a lower heating oil bill will be really awesome too!

Boom Stick said:
The business I bought it from is doing the install. I don't think mine has LED lighting on it. I know it doesn't. It is the older model that has two doors vs. one. For the price we are getting a real nice insert. Pipe and installation is costing me exactly 1 grand but for the piece of mind I'll take it. I never pay anybody for anything so it doesn't hurt that bad. Has a blower on it, to boot. Thanks for the replies. looking forward to finally burning all the wood I have scrounged in anticipation of this. Oh yeah, a lower heating oil bill will be really awesome too!

I thought that was the case. You have the Avalon version of the Lopi Declaration.

This one, but with double doors:
(broken link removed to http://www.lopistoves.com/product_guide/detail.aspx?id=340)

Boom Stick said:
...I never pay anybody for anything...

I'd sure like to know just how that works. You have like a newsletter I can subscribe to or something? :roll: Rick

cmonSTART said:
Edit: LED accent lighting! How cool is that?!

Pretty damn cool! :-)

Mt Ski Bum said:
cmonSTART said:
Edit: LED accent lighting! How cool is that?!

Pretty damn cool! :-)

Heck even fake gas logs now have LEDs making it look like hot coals.

How do you like this Avalon so far? I am getting mine installed tomorrow. I originally wanted the Lopi double door model but it was discontinued so this was very close size wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.