Avalon Pendleton baffle blanket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

betsy

Oct 20, 2019
Hi Folks -- I'm new here. My 2005 Avalon Pendleton wood-burning fireplace insert needs a new baffle blanket, and my chimney sweep will install it, but he says I need to know the model number or serial number of my stove in order to purchase the correct blanket. I can't find the serial number or the model number on the stove, but I have found a place that sells an Avalon Kaowool Baffle Blanket for older Avalon models, and it lists several models, implying that this blanket would work with any older Avalon Pendleton. https://www.rockymountainstove.com/avalon-kaowool-blanket-98900318/

Am I understanding this correctly, that I can buy this blanket, and it will work with my stove?

Thanks for any assistance on this question!

Yes, that looks like it will work. The Pendelton is a model 745 or 790 depending on the flue outlet configuration. Their kaowool blanket says it covers both Pendelton versions. FYI the part # for this blanket is 98900318.

Yes, that looks like it will work. The Pendelton is a model 745 or 790 depending on the flue outlet configuration. Their kaowool blanket says it covers both Pendelton versions. FYI the part # for this blanket is 98900318.

That was my sense, that it would work, but I just wanted to double check before buying it. Thanks!

We have a Pendleton blanket but I'm not sure how much heat it could take. ;)