Avalon Newport and install question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jertola

Sep 20, 2013
Long Island
So I have an ancient coal stove in my basement that is no longer usable. I cut the chimney below the roof line for solar panels. Ideally I’d like to put a pellet stove in the same place to avoid removing all of the brickwork in the basement, having to seal and make a new hole in the foundation wall, and having to buy a new hearth pad. However there are windows and a deck very close to the spot the old chimney comes out. I included a pic and would appreciate any insight. If not I could put it between the two windows. It would just be a lot more work.

The second question was regarding the stove. A co worker’s parents purchased a house with a stove and a ton of pellets they are looking to get rid of. I believe he said it was an Avalon Newport stove and 50 bags of Country Boy White Lightning pellets. I’m sure they have no idea what any of it is worth. What would you consider is a good price to offer them for the stove and pellets? I currently use the White Lightnings so I’m farmiliar with those and I’m happy with them. However I don’t know anything about this stove. My only stove experience is with my P61A. I appreciate any advice. Thanks

Attachments

• Avalon Newport and install question.
    8F15F174-866E-47B9-9ABC-5F58C3E323B0.png
    491.5 KB · Views: 99
So I have an ancient coal stove in my basement that is no longer usable. I cut the chimney below the roof line for solar panels. Ideally I’d like to put a pellet stove in the same place to avoid removing all of the brickwork in the basement, having to seal and make a new hole in the foundation wall, and having to buy a new hearth pad. However there are windows and a deck very close to the spot the old chimney comes out. I included a pic and would appreciate any insight. If not I could put it between the two windows. It would just be a lot more work.

The second question was regarding the stove. A co worker’s parents purchased a house with a stove and a ton of pellets they are looking to get rid of. I believe he said it was an Avalon Newport stove and 50 bags of Country Boy White Lightning pellets. I’m sure they have no idea what any of it is worth. What would you consider is a good price to offer them for the stove and pellets? I currently use the White Lightnings so I’m farmiliar with those and I’m happy with them. However I don’t know anything about this stove. My only stove experience is with my P61A. I appreciate any advice. Thanks
What drugs are you on?

Reactions: Bert Dawes
500.00 max that stove is crap i had one