Avalon blower or heat-powered stove fan?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rickf1985

Dec 14, 2023
Jan, I also have an Avalon Ranier stove and my front blowers died several years ago. I am very interested to know the details on how you attached these blowers to your stove. I am also in South Jersey so would like to get in touch somehow? Tried to PM but apparently I cannot pm you on here.

Rick

That was an old thread, moved to a new one. Once you have 3 posts, no moderation is required and conversations are permitted.
Is this the insert? If so, are both blowers shot? Have you considered a replacement blower?
Amazon product ASIN B0BB6QTZ44

Sorry for the late reply, the forum made me change my password and I had problems doing so. Both blowers on the front still work but are far out of balance. They have been that way since I bought the stove in 2002. The dealer told me it was not possible and would not replace them. Then the rheostat went bad so I just bypassed it and plug it in when the stove is fired up. Now one of the fans will sometimes just stop running. I also have the rear fan since this is on a pedestal but that one is also on it's last legs and at a price of close to 500.00 I am not going that route!!! Since this is a shrouded stove the blower is a must so I will go with whatever works. At some sort of reasonable price that is.

Note, the reason I sent that other person that message is because I was greatly interested in the fans she used on her stove. I figured since she is also from South Jersey it might have been easy to communicate by phone. I am in the process of fabricating a box to attach to the rear of the stove where the blower attaches and run a remote blower to that. But it is impossible to do that with the stove running.