Austroflamm flue motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

abaton6

Jan 6, 2011
Vermont
This motor emits an annoying high pitched whine. I had it out for cleaning this past summer, and l saw no place to lube it. Any suggestions? It's driving me nuts,.....although that's not a very long trip.

Last edited:
Sounds like the bearings going bad.They are sealed and not easily reached,if you take it apart,put new bearings in it.If you are remotely mechanically inclined,not a hard job,just get quality bearings.There is a very good youtube video showing how to replace them.

Sounds like the bearings going bad.They are sealed and not easily reached,if you take it apart,put new bearings in it.If you are remotely mechanically inclined,not a hard job,just get quality bearings.There is a very good youtube video showing how to replace them.
Thanks Bob, I will do that in a few weeks as we start to warm up here in Vt. Do you know a good supplier for the bearings?

There are a bunch of posts about blower bearings,you can use the search box.But,a quick rundown,you need 608 bearings,with metal side shields.The part number would be 608zz,although some manufacturers/countries do not always use the same designations,look at the pictures.I highly recommend finding Japan or German bearings,but,they also have some of their stuff made in china,but usually listed in the description.To go one step further,most bearings are rated by a ABEC 1 to 9 rating,which is tolerances.The 1 and lower numbers are generally used for cheaper skates/roller blades,lower quality.Ideally,5-7 are great bearings for these motors,but,again,not all countries use the ABEC system.Also,get more than 2.Sometimes you get a bad one,and,they are very easily damaged,even if dropped.However,on this motor,you can install bearings,slide in the rotor/shaft,and spin it,before putting it all the way back together.You can feel any roughness in your hand,holding motor,while spinning the rotor.A while back I got a bunch of NOS german bearings off the bay,high quality.

There are a bunch of posts about blower bearings,you can use the search box.But,a quick rundown,you need 608 bearings,with metal side shields.The part number would be 608zz,although some manufacturers/countries do not always use the same designations,look at the pictures.I highly recommend finding Japan or German bearings,but,they also have some of their stuff made in china,but usually listed in the description.To go one step further,most bearings are rated by a ABEC 1 to 9 rating,which is tolerances.The 1 and lower numbers are generally used for cheaper skates/roller blades,lower quality.Ideally,5-7 are great bearings for these motors,but,again,not all countries use the ABEC system.Also,get more than 2.Sometimes you get a bad one,and,they are very easily damaged,even if dropped.However,on this motor,you can install bearings,slide in the rotor/shaft,and spin it,before putting it all the way back together.You can feel any roughness in your hand,holding motor,while spinning the rotor.A while back I got a bunch of NOS german bearings off the bay,high quality.

Thank you again Bob!