Auger welds broke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ballnchain361

Jan 14, 2018
Kentucky
We have a Castle Serenity pellet stove and the welds holding the auger in broke causing the auger assembly to fall out of the tub and pellets feedibg into the bottom of the stoce. Have you ever had this mentioned before?

Auger, motor and bearing mount all fell out of the stove? How old it the stove? Warrentee?

I'm confused, first the auger isn't held in by welds it's held in by set screws and if the auger fell out being a top feed stove the auger has to push pellets up the chute into the burnpot so if the auger did fall out how could pellets keep feeding.

sounds like when the auger broke it ate through the lower bushing and fell out. Mine has a lip on the bottom that rides up against the bushing keeping it in place. But i could see how it could happen and then gravity would take over emptying the hopper into the bottom.. (i have different stove). U sure teh welds broke or the screws holding things in sheared off or vibrated out?