auger not dropping pellets quadra fire castile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Snunny88

Jan 5, 2018
Pa
Hi I am having trouble with my Quadra fire Castile. The stove has been installed since I bought the house 3 years ago. Up until the last couple months it has run fine through the seasons. Out of the blue it stopped dropping pellets. I have replaced the auger motor. The black ring on the blower starts on startup. I have tried jumping out the vacuum switch to see if it is that and the auger still does not move. I am at wits end with this stove and have no idea what could be wrong at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

When was the last major cleaning? All passages between firepot to top of chimney?

I cleaned it at the beginning of this season. vacuum the inside and emptied the chimney outside. I looked in the passage from inside by the pot and it looks clear. Are there any other areas I need to clean?

Try jumping #2 snap disc, being careful not to short it out on stove. Also make sure the firepot thermocouple is touching the inside end of the cover, and sticking in the pot 3/4 to 1". Let us know. kap

okay tried it after work. jumping it did nothing, but I pushed the reset button on the snap disc by the auger and it immediately started working. Only problem is that it just kept dumping pellets even when the thermostat was not calling for them? Any idea what caused this change.

So tstat is turned down, and it is feeding pellets?

okay tried it after work. jumping it did nothing, but I pushed the reset button on the snap disc by the auger and it immediately started working. Only problem is that it just kept dumping pellets even when the thermostat was not calling for them? Any idea what caused this change.

snap disc by the auger is the over temp, if that was tripped you would have no power at all.

Unless there is a short in wiring, I would have to say your control box is the issue. Try unplugging stove, pull control box out and reseat it. Then plug stove back in and see what happens. If that isn't it, Do you know someone that has a stove you can try it in? kap