At my wits end with my gnome

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskarain

Jan 26, 2015
Gustavus, AK
I have a three year old gnome, worked great until recently. First the igniter fuse blew out, we replaced that, did not work, replaced the igniter, it worked but would not shut off, replaced the relay switch and got a new igniter, nothing worked after that. Fuses are good, motherboard and auger function fine, we have been using the stove by igniting the pellets in the hopper and getting a good base going...any ideas as to what I need to do next to get the igniter working? Is there a switch on the mother board that has blown? Do I need a new motherboard? I can't just have a technician come over....

Forum member Titanmatt was a former tech for Thelin so would be a good resource but I haven't seen him around for a bit. Hopefully someone with experience with this stove will chime in. You can search the threads for more info (box at top right). Did find one thread that mentioned issues with fuses and a potential error on the wiring diagram...

Good luck and welcome to the forum:)

Status
Not open for further replies.