Arrow 1490 in soon-to-own home. Plugged in?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ahoragi

Jun 12, 2024
Western PA
Hello everyone. I got locked out of my old account due to my email no longer existing so I could not confirm my log in so I had to make another account. But anyways, I was always on the pellet forums due to owning a Castle Serenity Pellet stove which has been fantastic. Today we got confirmation that we are selling our house but also closing on another property which has a wood stove. We did a final walk through on the property to make sure stuff is good to go for this Friday's closing and got a chance to look at the wood stove up close. It is an Arrow 1490 but I noticed it was plugged in to an outlet. The plug runs into a box attached to the bottom of the stove. Nothing else is attached except the chimney. Can anyone tell me what this box is under the stove? Is it a blower of some sort? i did not see any vents coming out of it.

Thanks for any help on this. I been searching for 40 minutes and very little info on this stove. It's strange.

Arrow 1490 in soon-to-own home. Plugged in?