April Blizzard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Newburnerwisconsin

Feeling the Heat
Jul 8, 2015
wisconsin
Woke up to this today. Our third snowfall this month.

Attachments

• April Blizzard
    DEB62616-386D-40F5-A881-3B8E219775B2.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 119
  • April Blizzard
    9CAA2C3E-1B2A-4F1C-A62A-A4532C3B6FAD.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 120
We completely missed out on all the snowy fun here in Madison but the winds and cold are here to stay this week, perfect fire weather!

Nan just asked if we are having a fire today. It's 58 and just very windy here in eastern MA. I'm not cold at all.

We completely missed out on all the snowy fun here in Madison but the winds and cold are here to stay this week, perfect fire weather!
This is the third year in a row now I am burning wood well into April. We had some mild weather, but winter is not quite done just yet.

Nothing but a warm, windy rain here, plenty of trees down so I may get some free wood.

About a foot of heavy, wet snow fell on Thursday evening/Friday early morning. It packed down quickly on Friday morning though as it was very water-heavy.

Ended up taking out power to 80% of our County with lots of trees and branches down. The good news: We had our woodstove and a generator. The bad news: No internet service . . . one never realizes just how one is spoiled until the internet is no longer available.

Power went out sometime around 10 or 11 on Thursday and came back on shortly before 7 p.m. on Monday.

Even down here in southern WI, I have not burned during the daytime only a couple of days. Pretty much 24/7 still. No snow down here. My folks up in Hayward had a mid-May storm a few years ago that was 20".

Reactions: Newburnerwisconsin
Those late spring, heavy, wet snows can do a lot of damage. We got a good dumping of wet snow last year in Feb. and it destroyed a lot of plants in the yard and many people's sheds, carports etc..

Woke up this morning with frost on the pumpkin and wood in the holder. We had a mild winter but chilly this virus season. Bio blocks/wood mix burning along with the pellet stove cranking. Hunkering down and waiting for the very next phase. Electrical banana? Stay warm and healthy.

Reactions: Brenda66