Anyone set up a BT user interface on a Quadrafire Trekker?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mxtrails

Nov 14, 2019
Michigan
I finally pulled the trigger on a pellet stove insert. Bought the Quadrafire Trekker insert (couldn’t get the Mt Vernon anymore). But having a lot of trouble getting the user interface to pair. It’s a new unit I’m installing but when I follow the pairing instructions, the interface never pairs and does not respond to inputs. Just shows room temp and “disconnected”. Dealer gave me another one to try, same issue. Can’t navigate to the settings to force it to pair. I’m stuck. My dealer has no idea. When I power the stove it does it’s calibration procedure and the BT dongle flashes like it’s in pairing mode. Any ideas?

What version Bluetooth chip did they give you? You can’t navigate at all? I usually have to go into the menu to pair it.

What version Bluetooth chip did they give you? You can’t navigate at all? I usually have to go into the menu to pair it.
Not sure of the version, but I’ve tried 2 interfaces and 2 chips. Both act the same. When I turn the dial, nothing happens. Can not navigate to any other screen besides the home screen. Neither will connect automatically. Very odd...

So..... talked to someone at Quadrafire today and despite my initial skepticism, the representative was able to find some diagnostic procedures for the user interface.
You have to HOLD THE DIAL DOWN FOR 5 SECONDS to access any of the menu screens! This minor step was not in the setup manual. So with that, I was able to force the unit to pair and appears it will work. I should have the exhaust vent done later today or tomorrow and get to try it out.

I hope this helps someone in the future! I’ll use the thing for a few weeks and provide a functional review.