Anyone have any experience with either Rais VIva L120 or the Stuv Compact 30 low?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stovehelpplease

Aug 24, 2024
UK
Trying to make a decision on which model to go with. Both look great with different features. The Rais surrounding glass looks fantastic but I worry it will be a nightmare to clean. If anyone knows if they are good stoves and which they recommend it would be greatly appreciated.

Both are good looking stoves from good companies. Are the features important? Sometimes they make better marketing material than actually being needed in real world use. One concern is the cost of replacing the window. Curved ceramic glass is custom and can be very pricey.

Thanks begreen! The features seem worth it. The 3 door system on the stuv 30 is unique. And the Rais has the rotating shelve along with glass on both sides. Is maintenance of the glass a big issue, will it discolor easily? If so I’m leaning towards the stuv. Thanks

I have no experience burning in either stove. In general terms however, burning only fully seasoned firewood and not allowing the fire to smolder, helps keep the glass clean as long as the airwash system is well-designed.