anyone had this problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
Well after weeks of smelling a faint smoke smell,, my wife who has been telling me im crazy finally admitted that she smelled it as well.... tried the dollar bill test and found the front of my stove door to be loose. so I followed the directions ( which were non descript) on how to adjust the door. And As i was finishing up the top bolt holding the hinge plate on sheered right off leaving the bolt in the whole and the head in the ratchet. Of course being the weekend stove tech was no where to be found. This stove being my primary source of heat i quickly got another bolt and set about drilling the old one out. Which i did but there are some bits of the bolt left in the hole. I cannot get the new bolt in and my house was freezing last night luckily the englander heated one room of the house so we huddled in there. I am-waiting to here from the stove tech today and see if they can fix it....

The firebox is negative pressure.

Smoke leaks are usually at or after the comb. blower.

smoke show said:
The firebox is negative pressure.

Smoke leaks are usually at or after the comb. blower.

Yep. If the gasket was missing, it would still draw air into the stove at that point. Exhaust port, Stove adapter, and any Joint in your venting indoors should be sealed well.

There is another place that can provide a path for smoke to exit the stove (well actually more than one) that are not on the high pressure side of the vent system.

The pass through drop tube, hopper, heat exchanger scrapper pull, and air wash.

But, conditions have to be just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.