Anybody really happy or peeved with their fp30?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdougy

Minister of Fire
Apr 15, 2014
ontario
I'm down to a couple choices...opel or fp30. I can find a lot of info and reviews on the opel. I can find nearly nothing on the fp30. The main reason I'm down to these to appliances is due to the local shops are all handling these 2. I'm starting to lean towards the PE fp 30 for a few reasons.....price being one of them, the re known air wash of PE, and I like the looks of the fp30 arch a tad bit better. 6" chimney is abit easier on the budget as well. I'm hoping I can get input of any users or people that install these 2 stoves, as to pros and or cons.
Thanks again Matt

Hey

Well as a matter of fact I am getting my FP30- Arch installed today as I am writing this so I don't have any opinions on actual usage.
Like you I was down to either the Opel 3 or FP30. Some of the reasons I went with the FP30 are; Price - with the $250 rebate offered and the 6" chimney (instead of 7") it was a much better price point than the Opel 3. The Pacific Energy firebox seems to be a much better design (EBT2, Secondary Burn Baffles, replaceable firebricks).

Here's the first pics of the install my wife sent me this morning.
We're also getting the remote vent blower kit to send warm air down to the basement below.

Anybody really happy or peeved with their fp30?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good, if you could get a shot of the framing stand offs once they are installed I would like to see what that looks like. Are you gonna fire the stove up before you get your stone installed?
Thanks for the reply...im planning on...you made a good choice in product.
Matt

Looking good, if you could get a shot of the framing stand offs once they are installed I would like to see what that looks like. Are you gonna fire the stove up before you get your stone installed?
Thanks for the reply...im planning on...you made a good choice in product.
Matt

Thanks. I noticed you're following my Installation Thread. After posting on your thread, I decided I might as well do a complete install thread for anyone interested in the FP30. I'll post all pictures on that thread to make it easier. If there is anything specific you want to know feel free to message me and I'll do my best to reply. The installer said it'll be ready to use when he's done today so I'll be firing it up once I complete the electrical.

Status
Not open for further replies.